Tuesday 25 September 2012

What to write about to-day? That's never been a problem with me. What the problem for me seems to be at least lately, is finding the time and or the inspiration to sit down and share my thoughts with y'all. I find that my mind has to be in sort of a happy state, relaxed and feeling safe, in order to let the creative writing juices flow. As of the last little while, I have not much been in that state, due to many outside forces. I've been letting things get me down and that is not the normal me. Normally I'm pretty jacked about being alive and little stuff like going for a tour on my old beat up mountain bike, turns me on and brings a smile to my face. The mind is such an amazing place. Without a good mind, the body becomes more of a burden. We have to steer that body to do the things we enjoy more. A sharp mind steers like a sailboat in the wind whereas a duller one, works like a one armed guy in a row boat kind of.

Here's a picture that brightened up my last week-end, camping up in the Calabogie area with my close friend Mark. We hung our hammocks by the shore of a lake and stepped back in time to a non pressure filled place. Nice landing job with that fatty Large Mouth Bass there buddy Mark. Looked like it was going to win the battle with the shoreline branches,for a minute or two there. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we call it cabin fever down this direction, not as cold here, but still same results. Same situation here, but it was health issues for me. Back at it now since finding the right Doctor. Get out Larry, ready for some good adventures in reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Gary, It's gotten a lot better in the last years since you wrote. I'm even finally retired now and that really lowered my stress levels. Nice to see that you are still catching quite a whack of fish down there buddy. Have a great day now, hear. :) lb

      Delete